I have a feeling that this is already in roadmap, but want to add it here anyways. I really like how Waterhole is separating blog posts in the community, but the problem is missing SEO.
At the current company we have a problem with blog (Ghost), guides (separate site) and community (separate CMS), which makes everything complicated and we decided to put everything into one community, instead of supporting and upgrading 3 different things at the same time.
I think there is quite big audience who want to stick to one forum/community and have basic SEO support. For us what we need:
- OpenGraph Protocol support (standard, twitter, FB).
- Default HTML meta tags (description, etc)
- Schema.org SEO standards
- Possibility to select image for OpenGraph. When the first post contains an image, it will be used instead or you can mark/tag is somehow.
- Nofollow & dofollow link management system
- Proper usage of H1, H2, H3, H4
I want to empathize that we are not looking for Ghost alternative, we only need basic SEO support. The already existing functionality is enough for blog post. I also think that I 100% missed something important :)
I am really glad that I found Waterhole and that you don't have "everything extension" mentality. Wish you guys a good luck and will follow your development closely!